February Update- Baby Props!
This month I have been busy crocheting props for a photographer friend. She has been getting a lot of baby shoots and needed a few things for her pictures. It's been fun making things on a smaller scale. While they may be smaller, they are not always quicker to make than the full-size hats.
First hats to be made were a newsboy type hat. Used 3 different patterns trying to find one that made a hat that I liked. I tested 3 different newsboy hats. They all came out in different sizes even though the patterns all said they were for a newborn baby.
But- newborn babies come in different sizes as well. So... all is well!
Using the first pattern, I made a hat in Barley so that it would look like a tweed hat. Using the second pattern, I made a hat using Eggshell. Then so that the hats would have more functional options I made an attachable flower. The flower was made so that it could be used alone as a headband or attached to the hat. Think they turned out pretty cute!
Teri's next baby shoots were for boys. So for these shoots we added a swaddle sack in addition to a few hats.
Can't wait to hear how these worked in her photo sessions!
I didn't have time today to